It is crucial to request a hearing with the Executive Hearing Office within 30 days to prevent the immediate suspension of your driver’s license.
Additionally, arranging for a preliminary alcohol screening can potentially expedite the process of reinstating your license.
If you or someone you care about is dealing with a Prescott DUI charge, it is vital to seek immediate advice from an experienced Prescott DUI lawyer. During a brief consultation, you will receive important information regarding time-sensitive steps that need to be taken.
DUI Charges that can Arise from Prescott, AZ
- A.R.S. 28-1381(A)(1) Driving Under the Influence
- A.R.S. 28-1381(A)(2) BAC of .08 or more)
- A.R.S. 28-1382(A)(1) Extreme DUI (BAC of .15 or more)
- A.R.S. 28-1382(A)(2) Super Extreme DUI (BAC of .20 or more)
- A.R.S. 28-1383 Aggravated Driving Under the Influence
- A.R.S. 28-1381(A)(3) DUI with Marijuana
- A.R.S. 28-1381(A)(3) DUI (A)(3) with Illegal Drugs
- A.R.S. 28-1381(A)(3) DUI Prescription Medication
- A.R.S. 4-244(33) Minor/Under 21 Driving with Alcohol in Body (“Baby DUI”)
We have represented clients across Yavapai County and northern Arizona in areas including Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Prescott, Sedona, Verde Valley, Jerome, Cottonwood, Yarnell and Bagdad.
Located at 7501 Civic Cir #122, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, the Prescott Valley Magistrate Court handles civil traffic violations, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, including DUI, domestic violence, and petty theft.
Camp Verde Superior Court in Yavapai County:
Situated at 120 South Cortez Street, Prescott, AZ 86303, the Camp Verde Superior Court in Yavapai County exercises general jurisdiction and handles both civil and criminal matters, including felony offenses committed within Yavapai County.
Prescott Justice Court/Prescott City Court (A.K.A. Prescott Consolidated Court):
Located at 120 South Cortez Street, Room 103, Prescott, AZ 86303, the Prescott Justice Court/Prescott City Court (also known as The Prescott Consolidated Court) is a limited jurisdiction court dealing with civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within the city limits of Prescott and the surrounding unincorporated areas.
Verde Valley Justice Center:
Found at 10 South 6th Street, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, the Verde Valley Justice Center is a limited jurisdiction court handling civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, including the incorporated communities of Camp Verde, Clarkdale, Cottonwood, Jerome, and the western half of Sedona.
Seligman Justice Court:
Situated at 54150 Floyd Street, Seligman, AZ 86337, the Seligman Justice Court presides over civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, which includes the towns of Seligman and Ash Fork, Arizona.
Mayer Justice Court:
Located at 12840 Central Avenue, Mayer, Arizona, the Mayer Justice Court is a limited jurisdiction court that handles civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within the towns and unincorporated areas of Bumble Bee, Cleator, Black Canyon City, Crown King, Humboldt, Dewey, and Mayer.
Bagdad/Yarnell Justice Court:
Found at 22591 Looka Way, Yarnell, Arizona, the Bagdad/Yarnell Justice Court is a limited jurisdiction court presiding over civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, which includes the towns and unincorporated areas of Bagdad, Hillside, Yava, Yarnell, Congress, Rincon, Walnut Grove, Kirkland, Wilhoit, and Peeples Valley.
Prescott DUI Lawyer | 29 years Experience
As a DUI Attorney who has worked countless cases in Prescott I know that a clock starts ticking the second you are arrested…
Facing DUI Charges in Prescott, AZ?
This is not unusual. There is a Law Enforcement Group known as the The Tri-City DUI Task Force which operates in Prescott, Prescott Valley and Chino Valley. Over Labor Day Weekend alone, they cited people for 729 violations and 12 DUI related arrests, according to a press release from the Prescott Police Department.
The task force was made up of the Prescott Police Department, Prescott Valley Police Department, Chino Valley Police Department, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office and the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Courtesy of The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, funded by your taxes.
PRESCOTT DUI DEFENSE LAWYERS
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Prescott, Arizona, our skilled DUI defense lawyers are here to assist you. We specialize in defending individuals facing misdemeanor, felony, and Civil DUI charges throughout Yavapai County.
ARRESTED FOR DUI IN PRESCOTT, ARIZONA
For a complimentary consultation regarding your Prescott DUI charges, we encourage you to reach out to us and provide details about your situation. Together, we can assess whether your case can benefit from the expertise of an experienced DUI Defense attorney.
Do this Now if you are facing an arrest in Prescott, AZ:
When facing an arrest in Arizona, safeguarding your rights becomes paramount. The crucial step is to exercise your Miranda Rights, as they play a pivotal role in this process. These rights encompass the crucial ability to protect yourself by maintaining silence. It is vital to understand that anything you disclose can be utilized against you in your criminal trial. Hence, it is imperative not to answer any questions or divulge any potentially self-incriminating information. Legally, you are obligated to provide only your name. After that, it is advisable to courteously decline answering any further inquiries, including one-on-one police interviews, until you have the presence of a Prescott DUI defense lawyer. While it is essential to cooperate with the arrest to mitigate further charges, it is equally important to promptly reach out to TedLaw for immediate legal representation.
Prescott, Arizona DUI Defense At Ted Law
If you have been arrested for a crime in Prescott, Arizona, our skilled criminal defense lawyers are here to assist you. We specialize in defending individuals facing misdemeanor, felony, and DUI charges throughout Yavapai County.
Once you secure the services of an attorney to represent you, concerns about self-incrimination or the preservation of your rights can be alleviated. Your chosen lawyer will diligently safeguard your rights as a defendant throughout the entire criminal justice process. By entrusting your legal matters to a competent Prescott Valley DUI defense lawyer, you can direct your focus towards forging a brighter future. Meanwhile, your attorney will tenaciously advocate for optimal outcomes in your criminal case, acting on your behalf.
Without a DUI Defense Attorney in Prescott You may:
- Serve Time in Jail
- Have your license suspended
- Attend Court Dates and counseling sessions, thus jeopardizing your job
- Be intimidated into accepting a ridiculous plea deal
- Unknowingly volunteer incriminating information
- Consent to Searches or Tests you are not legally required to
- Have an Ignition Interlock for Years
If you find yourself facing criminal accusations in Prescott, Arizona, the potential consequences for your future are significant. From the potential loss of employment, housing, and relationships to the jeopardy of your freedom, the stakes are high. With Arizona’s reputation for stringent criminal laws, it becomes even more crucial to secure effective legal representation. By enlisting the services of a most excellent Prescott Valley DUI Defense lawyer, you can actively safeguard your rights and work towards minimizing potential penalties. TedLaw, a leading criminal defense firm in the Prescott Area, is dedicated to providing exceptional legal support. For a complimentary consultation regarding your DUI charges in Prescott Valley, we encourage you to reach out to us without delay.
Why Trust our Criminal Defense Team?
Our team is composed of intelligent, determined, and efficient Criminal Defense Staff. With an unwavering commitment, our attorneys tirelessly dedicate their time to deliver the utmost quality of counsel and legal representation throughout Arizona, Including the Prescott Area. Through our collective efforts, we have secured significant triumphs for our valued clients in the realm of criminal defense. Employing well-established and successful strategies, our defense lawyers consistently strive to provide the greatest advantage to those we represent.
As A Prescott DUI Defense Firm, What do we do?
Enlisting the services of a criminal defense lawyer ensures you have a knowledgeable professional by your side throughout the court process. During times when it may seem like the odds are stacked against you, your lawyer will stand firmly in your corner. Serving as your counselor, guide, protector, and trusted advocate, a defense attorney offers invaluable support. Their presence can provide a sense of reassurance when facing potential threats to your future, including criminal charges and the possibility of severe penalties. Moreover, a lawyer can handle essential legal responsibilities on your behalf, relieving you of that burden.
For over 29 years our Criminal Defense Team has:
- Prevented the immediate suspension of your license
- Conducted thorough research on the specifics of your case
- Accumulated pertinent evidence to strengthen your defense
- Determined the information and evidence possessed by the prosecution
- Engaged in negotiations with the prosecutors to explore potential agreements
- Represented you at hearings throughout the legal process
- Thoroughly scrutinized and cross-examine witnesses
- Acted as your legal representative during trial proceedings
- Our team attempts to get you the Best Result possible: a dismissal, a reduced charge or trial verdict of not guilty
- If you are convicted, we can help mitigate the consequences this will have on your life.
As a Dedicated Prescott DUI Defense Attorney, I make it my priority to view each case from the perspective of my clients.
I recognize that every individual’s life is unique and that an arrest affects them differently. Therefore, my role is to anticipate and minimize the consequences for both the client and their family.
In designing my Prescott DUI Lawyer practice, I have put myself in my clients’ shoes
I understand the importance of keeping them fully informed throughout the case’s progression, anticipating any potential issues they may not be aware of, and guiding them through their obligations. Just as I would expect as a client, I provide personalized service that is solely my responsibility.
I strive to provide comprehensive support to my clients facing Criminal charges in Prescott, Arizona.
With my background I possess the experience and knowledge to proficiently handle your criminal or DUI case. Over the course of my career, I have successfully represented numerous clients and skillfully managed a diverse array of cases, encompassing various charges such as DUI, traffic offenses, drug-related allegations, and serious felonies. Irrespective of the complexity of your situation, my unwavering dedication lies in fighting for your rights. I am genuinely passionate about advocating for my clients and striving for the best possible outcomes in every case. Entrust your Criminal or DUI case to our accomplished Prescott Valley DUI case attorney, who will deftly navigate the intricacies and anxieties associated with your legal matter. You can have complete confidence that you are in capable hands, as our team is a highly experienced criminal defense staff.
DUI Case Stages in Prescott
Acquiring a deeper understanding of the criminal trial process can provide a sense of reassurance for defendants. It equips you with the knowledge necessary to navigate the various stages of your case and comprehend the procedures involved. Our experienced criminal defense lawyers in Prescott are dedicated to guiding you through the entire process, offering comprehensive explanations and addressing any queries you may have along the way.
- Initial appearance and hearing: Following your arrest, you will attend an initial appearance before a judge. During this hearing, the judge will determine the conditions of your release or imprisonment. Subsequently, at a later date, you will participate in an arraignment hearing. Here, you will be formally charged and given the opportunity to enter a plea.
- Pre-trial negotiations: Prior to your trial in Prescott Valley, you and your attorney will engage in negotiations with the prosecution, aiming to reach a resolution. If your attorney recommends accepting a plea deal, this may mark the culmination of your case. However, if your case proceeds to trial, you will proceed to the next phase.
- Trial: Every criminal trial commences with jury selection, followed by opening statements from both sides. The trial will then proceed to the presentation of evidence and witnesses by each party to establish their respective cases. Both sides will have the opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. The trial will conclude with closing statements, after which the jury will deliberate.
- Verdict: The jury will consider the evidence presented during the trial and deliberate on whether the prosecution has proven the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the jury reaches a unanimous decision, they will provide a guilty or not-guilty verdict. In the event of a hung jury, where a unanimous decision cannot be reached, the judge may dismiss the case or declare a mistrial.
- Sentencing hearing: If the jury delivers a guilty verdict, you will await a sentencing hearing while in custody. During this final hearing, the judge will announce the sentence for the crimes of which you were convicted. Your attorney may explore the possibility of an appeal, if applicable.
Your Prescott Criminal defense attorney will ensure you are adequately prepared for each phase of the criminal trial process. From filing motions for dismissal to representing you in court, your attorney will facilitate each step, making the entire process more manageable for you.