Criminal Case Types We Represent
When searching for legal representation, it is crucial to engage an attorney who possesses expertise in handling cases within your specific practice area. For instance, if you are facing a drunk driving charge, it is preferable to avoid being the first DUI client for your defense attorney. At TedLaw, our team of skilled Prescott criminal defense staff are well-versed in an extensive range of cases, including but not limited to:
- DUI and DUI accidents
- Drug crimes
- Sex crimes
- Violent crimes
- Domestic violence crimes
- Firearm crimes
- Theft crimes
- White-collar crimes
- Juvenile crimes
- Property offenses
- Expungements and appeals
- Disorderly conduct
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of the criminal cases we handle at TedLaw. Our attorneys boast experience in various aspects of criminal defense. Whether you are confronting an infraction, misdemeanor, or felony charge, we are here to assist you. To determine if we can represent you in your specific case, we invite you to take advantage of a complimentary initial consultation with an affordable Prescott criminal defense lawyer.
Prescott Criminal Case Classifications
Understanding the classification of the crime with which you are charged is essential, as it dictates the potential severity of the punishment upon conviction. The classification plays a pivotal role in determining the impact on your life. In Arizona, the criminal justice system classifies crimes into three distinct categories:
- Felony: Felonies represent the most serious classification of crimes in Arizona. These offenses involve significant harm or damage, such as assault with a deadly weapon. Felony convictions often carry jail sentences exceeding one year. Depending on the nature of the crime, a felony conviction can result in life imprisonment or even the death penalty.
- Misdemeanor: Misdemeanors are less serious than felonies but still warrant attention. In Arizona, most misdemeanors carry a maximum jail term of one year. Other penalties for misdemeanor convictions may include fines, community service, probation, or house arrest.
- Infraction: Infractions are minor offenses that are even less serious than misdemeanors. They may not necessarily constitute criminal charges, such as certain traffic violations or tickets. Infractions typically incur minimal criminal consequences, often limited to fines without the risk of jail time.
Regardless of the classification, any crime you face is significant. Even an infraction can result in financial burdens and a permanent mark on your record. However, it is particularly critical to retain the services of a defense attorney if you are accused of a felony. Felonies in Prescott, Arizona encompass offenses such as aggravated assault, robbery, child abuse, fraud, and sexual assault. With the aid of a skilled Prescott criminal attorney, it may be possible to build a defense strategy that helps you avoid a severe criminal conviction.
What to Consider When Hiring a Prescott Valley Criminal Defense Lawyer
The choice of your defense attorney can have a significant impact on the outcome of your case. Your defense lawyer plays a crucial role in defending you against the prosecution. When searching for a criminal defense lawyer in Prescott Valley, AZ, it is vital to conduct thorough research and select an attorney who meets your specific needs. Here are key traits to consider before making your decision:
- Specialized Experience: Look for a lawyer with specialized experience in handling cases similar to yours. Ensure they have expertise in the specific area of criminal law that pertains to your charges.
- Track Record: Research the lawyer’s track record and success rate in achieving positive outcomes for their clients. A strong history of favorable case results indicates their competence and effectiveness. For Example, Ted has an amazing record with DUI cases.
- Legal Resources: Consider whether the lawyer has access to top legal resources and a team of skilled professionals who can support your defense effectively.
- Reputation: Read reviews and testimonials from past clients to gauge their satisfaction with the lawyer’s services. Positive feedback and recommendations provide valuable insights into their professionalism and reliability.
- Local Knowledge: Hiring a lawyer familiar with Prescott Valley, AZ, and its legal environment can be advantageous. They will have a better understanding of local laws, courts, and procedures.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication between you and your lawyer is crucial. Look for an attorney who actively listens to your concerns, explains legal concepts clearly, and keeps you informed throughout the process.
- Personalized Approach: Each case is unique, so finding a lawyer who will tailor their strategy to your specific circumstances is essential. They should prioritize your needs and develop a defense plan that aligns with your situation.
Prescott Criminal Defense Lawyer | 29 years Experience
As a Prescott Criminal Lawyer I understand that time is of the essence once you’re arrested…
If you’re facing criminal accusations in Prescott, Arizona, the potential consequences for your future are significant. From the risk of losing your job, housing, and relationships to the threat of losing your freedom, the stakes are high. With Arizona’s reputation for strict criminal laws, it becomes crucial to secure effective legal representation. At TedLaw, a leading criminal defense firm in Prescott, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal support. Reach out to us for a complimentary consultation regarding your criminal charges in Prescott without delay.
Facing Criminal Charges in Prescott, AZ?
This is not unusual. There is a Law Enforcement Group known as the The Tri-City DUI Task Force which operates in Prescott, Prescott Valley and Chino Valley. Over Labor Day Weekend alone, they cited people for 729 violations and 12 DUI related arrests, according to a press release from the Prescott Police Department.
The task force was made up of the Prescott Police Department, Prescott Valley Police Department, Chino Valley Police Department, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office and the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Courtesy of The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, funded by your taxes.
- When you’re arrested in Arizona, safeguarding your rights becomes paramount. The crucial step is to exercise your Miranda Rights, as they play a pivotal role in this process.
- Your Miranda Rights include the ability to protect yourself by remaining silent.
- It’s vital to understand that anything you disclose can be used against you in your criminal trial. Therefore, it’s imperative not to answer any questions or provide potentially self-incriminating information.
- Legally, you are only obligated to provide your name.
- After that, it is advisable to courteously decline answering any further inquiries, including one-on-one police interviews, until you have the presence of a Prescott Criminal Lawyer.
- While it’s essential to cooperate with the arrest to mitigate further charges, promptly reaching out to TedLaw for immediate legal representation is equally important.
Once you secure the services of an attorney to represent you, concerns about self-incrimination or the preservation of your rights can be alleviated. Your chosen lawyer will diligently safeguard your rights as a defendant throughout the entire criminal justice process. By entrusting your legal matters to a competent Prescott criminal defense lawyer, you can focus on forging a brighter future while your attorney tenaciously advocates for optimal outcomes in your case.
Otherwise You may:
- Serve time in jail
- Attend court dates and counseling sessions, jeopardizing your job
- Be intimidated into accepting a ridiculous plea deal
- Unknowingly volunteer incriminating information
- Consent to searches or tests you are not legally required to
- Have an ignition interlock for years
- Get your license suspended
Why Trust our Criminal Defense Team?
- Our team comprises intelligent, determined, and efficient criminal defense staff. With unwavering commitment, our attorneys tirelessly dedicate their time to deliver the utmost quality of counsel and legal representation throughout Arizona, including the Prescott area. Through our collective efforts, we have secured significant triumphs for our valued clients in the realm of criminal defense. Employing well-established and successful strategies, our defense lawyers consistently strive to provide the greatest advantage to those we represent.
We have represented clients across Yavapai County and northern Arizona in areas including Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Prescott, Sedona, Verde Valley, Jerome, Cottonwood, Yarnell and Bagdad.
Located at 7501 Civic Cir #122, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, the Prescott Valley Magistrate Court handles civil traffic violations, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, including DUI, domestic violence, and petty theft.
Camp Verde Superior Court in Yavapai County:
Situated at 120 South Cortez Street, Prescott, AZ 86303, the Camp Verde Superior Court in Yavapai County exercises general jurisdiction and handles both civil and criminal matters, including felony offenses committed within Yavapai County.
Prescott Justice Court/Prescott City Court (A.K.A. Prescott Consolidated Court):
Located at 120 South Cortez Street, Room 103, Prescott, AZ 86303, the Prescott Justice Court/Prescott City Court (also known as The Prescott Consolidated Court) is a limited jurisdiction court dealing with civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within the city limits of Prescott and the surrounding unincorporated areas.
Verde Valley Justice Center:
Found at 10 South 6th Street, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, the Verde Valley Justice Center is a limited jurisdiction court handling civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, including the incorporated communities of Camp Verde, Clarkdale, Cottonwood, Jerome, and the western half of Sedona.
Seligman Justice Court:
Situated at 54150 Floyd Street, Seligman, AZ 86337, the Seligman Justice Court presides over civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, which includes the towns of Seligman and Ash Fork, Arizona.
Mayer Justice Court:
Located at 12840 Central Avenue, Mayer, Arizona, the Mayer Justice Court is a limited jurisdiction court that handles civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within the towns and unincorporated areas of Bumble Bee, Cleator, Black Canyon City, Crown King, Humboldt, Dewey, and Mayer.
Bagdad/Yarnell Justice Court:
Found at 22591 Looka Way, Yarnell, Arizona, the Bagdad/Yarnell Justice Court is a limited jurisdiction court presiding over civil traffic, orders of protection, and misdemeanor cases within its jurisdiction, which includes the towns and unincorporated areas of Bagdad, Hillside, Yava, Yarnell, Congress, Rincon, Walnut Grove, Kirkland, Wilhoit, and Peeples Valley.
What Does a Prescott Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
Enlisting the services of a criminal defense lawyer ensures you have a knowledgeable professional by your side throughout the court process. Your lawyer will stand firmly in your corner when it may seem like the odds are stacked against you. Serving as your counselor, guide, protector, and trusted advocate, a defense attorney offers invaluable support. They can provide a sense of reassurance when facing potential threats to your future, including criminal charges and severe penalties. Moreover, a lawyer can handle essential legal responsibilities on your behalf, relieving you of that burden.
For over 29 years our Criminal Defense Team has:
- Prevented the immediate suspension of your license
- Conducted thorough research on the specifics of your case
- Accumulated pertinent evidence to strengthen your defense
- Determined the information and evidence possessed by the prosecution
- Engaged in negotiations with the prosecutors to explore potential agreements
- Represented you at hearings throughout the legal process
- Thoroughly scrutinized and cross-examined witnesses
- Acted as your legal representative during trial proceedings
As a Dedicated Prescott Criminal Defense Lawyer, I make it my priority to view each case from the perspective of my clients.
- Our team aims to achieve the best possible result for you: a dismissal, a reduced charge, or a trial verdict of not guilty.
- If you are convicted, we can help mitigate the consequences it will have on your life.
- As a dedicated Prescott criminal defense lawyer, I prioritize viewing each case from the perspective of my clients.
- I understand that every individual’s life is unique and that an arrest affects them differently. Therefore, my role is to anticipate and minimize the consequences for both the client and their family.
- In designing my Prescott criminal defense practice, I have put myself in my clients’ shoes. I understand the importance of keeping them fully informed throughout the case’s progression, anticipating any potential issues they may not be aware of, and guiding them through their obligations.
- Just as I would expect as a client, I provide personalized service that is solely my responsibility. I strive to provide comprehensive support to my clients facing criminal charges in Prescott.
Prescott Criminal Case Stages:
Acquiring a deeper understanding of the criminal trial process can provide a sense of reassurance for defendants. It equips you with the knowledge necessary to navigate the various stages of your case and comprehend the procedures involved. Our experienced criminal defense lawyers in Prescott are dedicated to guiding you through the entire process, offering comprehensive explanations and addressing any queries you may have along the way.
- Initial appearance and hearing: Following your arrest, you will attend an initial appearance before a judge. During this hearing, the judge will determine the conditions of your release or imprisonment. Subsequently, at a later date, you will participate in an arraignment hearing. Here, you will be formally charged and given the opportunity to enter a plea.
- Pre-trial negotiations: Prior to your trial in Prescott, you and your attorney will engage in negotiations with the prosecution, aiming to reach a resolution. If your attorney recommends accepting a plea deal, this may mark the culmination of your case. However, if your case proceeds to trial, you will proceed to the next phase.
- Trial: Every criminal trial commences with jury selection, followed by opening statements from both sides. The trial will then proceed to the presentation of evidence and witnesses by each party to establish their respective cases. Both sides will have the opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. The trial will conclude with closing statements, after which the jury will deliberate.
- Verdict: The jury will consider the evidence presented during the trial and deliberate on whether the prosecution has proven the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the jury reaches a unanimous decision, they will provide a guilty or not-guilty verdict. In the event of a hung jury, where a unanimous decision cannot be reached, the judge may dismiss the case or declare a mistrial.
- Sentencing hearing: If the jury delivers a guilty verdict, you will await a sentencing hearing while in custody. During this final hearing, the judge will announce the sentence for the crimes of which you were convicted. Your attorney may explore the possibility of an appeal, if applicable.
Your Prescott criminal defense attorney will ensure you are adequately prepared for each phase of the criminal trial process. From filing motions for dismissal to representing you in court, your attorney will facilitate each step, making the entire process more manageable for you.
With my background I possess the experience and knowledge to proficiently handle your criminal or DUI case. Over the course of my career, I have successfully represented numerous clients and skillfully managed a diverse array of cases, encompassing various charges such as DUI, traffic offenses, drug-related allegations, and serious felonies. Irrespective of the complexity of your situation, my unwavering dedication lies in fighting for your rights. I am genuinely passionate about advocating for my clients and striving for the best possible outcomes in every case. Entrust your Criminal or DUI case to our accomplished Prescott Criminal Defense attorney, who will deftly navigate the intricacies and anxieties associated with your legal matter. You can have complete confidence that you are in capable hands, as our team is a highly experienced criminal defense staff.
For a free consultation, contact our criminal defense team at TedLaw in Prescott Valley, AZ. Come prepared with your questions about our expertise, similar cases we’ve handled, and recommended next steps. We are dedicated to serving clients in their time of need and providing attentive listening, honest answers, and respectful treatment. Trust us to be your advocate and guide throughout the legal process.